Saturday 4 June 2011

How do I organize a Garage Sell?

I have alot of stuff to sell. How should I organize it. How much should I price things. I know to price low so they sell, but I want to make sure I get some good money for things. Also, my friend had a garage sell a month ago and said people were trying to change the price tags and stuff so they get it cheaper. How can I avoid that situation?|||Every item should be clean and priced. Use stick on labels as price tags. That way if someone removes it you can charge what you like. Always price items $1.00 more than you want. That way customer can haggle you down. They feel good and you got your price. Place like items together such as kitchen utensils, pots, plates together. If a customer needs one type they may just pick up some others. Sheets, towels and curtains are best if clean, folded and placed in see through bags with the name of item and size listed if applicable. Clothes should be hung up. An outlet available for plugging in electronics, lamps or whatever. Make you signs readable from a passing car and advertise in local paper. Good luck