Saturday 4 June 2011

NASD background check?

I am 26 and am currently working for a firm. I have my life and health license and I%26#039;m looking to take the securities exam. 5 years ago, I was with a friend who was caught changing the price tags on merchandise. I was arrested for fraudulent removal of writing and theft (50-500). I was sentenced to 1 year probation and 20 hours of community service. The terms were completed and the case was dismissed. I fully disclosed everything to my current employer.





My question is will this be something that keeps me from selling securities because it happened only 5 years ago?|||Maybe, but you can get it expunged. You can do it yourself and it shouldn%26#039;t cost too much to do it. Go to you Clerk of Court and see what forms they want to file your case. Good luck!