Saturday 4 June 2011

If we eliminate the penny...Wouldn't it be a pain in the a$$ to change every price tag ever created?!?

What do you think? Are you for or against the penny being eliminated?|||Yeah, like the Newzy chick said, North American plans for it do not actually involve changing the prices of anything. It involves rounding the final price. Say something does cost $5, in Ontario with our 13% tax that would total $5.65. If it was $4.99, $5.6387, so $5.64 (which goes to show, we%26#039;re already rounding, precise numbers DO NOT get along with decimals), in which case you give the cashier $5.65 and get no change, that is they round it up again to $5.65.


Yeah, I%26#039;m against it on principle, because technically every penny counts (every year I take the pennies I saved and get a new X-Box or something, $200 in pennies easy), and I luck the cultural idiom of lucky pennies. Which I throw there in the first place because I%26#039;m tired of pockets fully of change.|||I%26#039;m for it. I throw more pennies than I spend.|||No.|||it couldent be done because tax could be like 13 cents and what about 99 cent stores?|||I live in new zealand and we don%26#039;t have a %26quot;penny%26quot;. And no, they didn%26#039;t change every price tag ever created. If somethings 4.99 you just pay 5.. Danish or Swedish rounding or something. Its funny when people from countries where they do have it come here, they get so mad. The penny is useless and unneccesary. Do away with it.