Saturday 4 June 2011

Switching price tags at winners amd charged with fraud?

ok this is very very bad story. and i need really good answer for this.


i was with my friend at winners store. and while i was checking one of the section, my freind was behind me and he was changing the price tag for a bag which i did not know. and he gets his stuff and i did mine. we went to two different cashiers and paid for the items. while we were exiting the store two guys came to grab us and told us to follow them.


when we went in the back ofthe store they told us what happened and my friend qucikly accepted the fact he changed the price and said it was a mistake. he said he is willing to pay for the item at it own price.


but i did nothing wrong and they still charged me with theft saying that i was covering while he was changing the price. i said i did not know nothing but then they started to scream at me saying i was laing. i kept my mouth shut till we were relased and they called police and for my luck they did not come because of emergency. but on the phone police wrote down everything my name license number and those two guys told me that this would go to my record and i do not know which record. i am willing to fight if i am charged regardless what others say. because my friend got many itmes and he paid all the correct price except the the itme he got for himself. what should i do next?? where can i go to check my history?? i need advise on this.. what other charges they can bring to me????|||You were doing what was called blocking. Common practice. Worst thing for you is that you did not stick with him while checking out. Friends stay together. That will make it a tough sell. I would say, if you have no record, fight it. If you have priors, you are screwed.|||It sound like you were not charged with any crime. That may still come. You may also be sued civilly by the store.





Were you put under citizen%26#039;s arrest? How long were you held after you gave your id and they were able to confirm your identity? Were you held or could you leave at any time?





You should get legal advise. I have seen where the store can be sued.|||WEAR A WIRE AND TALK ABOUT TO UR FRIEND AND AND SHOW THE POLICE!