Saturday 4 June 2011

Is changing the price tags at the Quickie Mart so can buy candy bars at a decent price a sin?

I%26#039;m tried of being gouged 3 dollars for a pepsi so now I pay 39 cents and 59 for the big slam.. In my opinion I%26#039;m doing God%26#039;s will in making the price for a pack of smokes under 2 bucks. Share your opinion of price gouging occuring in corner stores. Really what would Jesus do?!!!!|||He would pay what is owed otherwise it is still %26quot;THEFT%26quot;.|||yeah..its called theft of product and service.|||Jesus wouldn%26#039;t drink pepsi or smoke cigarettes.





The price is set, if you change it, you are stealing. Stealing is a sin.





You can try and justify it...but that doesn%26#039;t change the fact you are stealing.|||If they don%26#039;t know the value of their own merchandise they deserve to be cheated|||think about it this way if you change the prices not only are you stealing from whatever store it is but you are stealing from the rest of us. we have to pay higher prices because of what you and others are doing.|||Ok. I am a corner store owner. Let me tell you all about %26quot;Price Gouging%26quot;.


Do you know that I am forced to pay higher than supermarket prices for most of my stock? Do you also know that, after I pay my rent, power, water etc I make only 10% profit? It%26#039;s quite amazing how much it costs me to have a nice cold drink available to you in my air conditioned store!


Do you save a dollar in fuel and ten /fifteen minutes of your time by being able to come to my shop for what you want?


Maybe you should think about the convenience the store affords you before you go changing any more prices and STEALING, yes STEALING from them!|||It%26#039;s stealing. If you%26#039;re tired of paying that much, don%26#039;t buy the stuff.|||This question all comes down to your norms and standards in your soul, your conscience,....this business about.. %26quot;what would Jesus do%26quot; ...is a red herring ,the truth is it sounds like you don%26#039;t have a enough money, now why is that ?.....would it have anything to do with the way you think and there for act ,...... look around you... your friends their circumstances(your life)...what do you see ?, ....you see the way you have been thinking and acting for the last few years...reverse the situation,,,if you where this corner store owner what would you charge?....they would pay a lot more than the bigger supermarkets...so they must sell for more ..don%26#039;t cheat the corner store ,you are really cheating yourself ....