Wednesday 21 September 2011

AT&T not giving early upgrade to iPhone 4?

At the WWDC, Steve Jobs said in his keynote speech that anyone eligible for an upgrade in 2010 can immediately upgrade to the new iPhone at the $199/299 price tags. I contacted Apple and they confirmed this but AT%26amp;T said they changed their mind (I called them yesterday). Now their website says they're only offering it to current iPhone customers. Anyone else struggling with this? I don't understand how they can go back on this offer when the CEO of Apple already publicly told the world they would do it. Also, I'll be adding a smartphone data plan so they'll be making more money off me than current iPhone customers who already have the data plan. Any suggestions on how I can get them to honor their word? I've been with AT%26amp;T for 6 years and this sorta feels like I'm getting the shaft.
AT%26amp;T not giving early upgrade to iPhone 4?
I'm not sure if this deal was ever offered to non-iphone customers. I think the CEO was referring to current iphone customers, not all.



However, I'm in the same boat :(. It does not make sense to me but I guess we have to wait it out (maybe they will fix the problems in the mean-time?)