Saturday 24 September 2011

What do you think of my artist statement?

I'm a Christian (aspiring) artist. This is my artist statement and I would love some feedback.



My life has always been governed by little “claims to fame.” Whether it’s art, tennis, my

job, the people I know, or the fact that I can change my own oil- I let these thing defi ne

me. These are all positive things on the surface, but at the core it points to my, and

many people’s struggle with self worth.

As a Christian I am here to tell people that nding our worth in this world will only

lead to an identity other than the one that God has for us; but as an artist I’m here to

point people to the one thing that gives us worth- our creator.

Marc Chagall said, “Art is the increasing e ort to compete with the beauty of owersand

never succeeding. I look at nature and wish that I could create something completely

original, that in comparison, is as beautiful as the world around it, but the best I

can come up with is a simple re-creation.

So why have I chosen to pursue something that can’t be caught? God has placed a

burden on my heart for the people who have never seen the love that He o ers, and

who only nd their worth in vain pleasures, price tags, TV shows, and destinations. My

calling as an artist is simple- to point people to my creator by depicting those splitsecond

moments when God hits me with inspiration. I trust that if I recreate through

truly God-given inspiration, my work will be void of any sel fish agendas and God’s

glory will be presented in an irresistible manner.

The purpose of my show is to depict the process of being cut o from the things that

we use as crutches. This is not some experiment that I’m attempting with the hopes of

having an award-winning show, but this is a process that I’m going through right now.

Daily, God is bringing me to him, asking me to patiently seek him in everything I do.

He has sent me into Kereth to provide me with nourishment and bring me back totally

surrendered and abiding in Him.
What do you think of my artist statement?
W....T....F are you talking about?
What do you think of my artist statement?
I really like it. It really portrays a great picture of who you are as an artist while showing what you believe in. Good job and good luck! (btw, im a Christian too :) )