Wednesday 21 September 2011

I am confusing . Did i need to tolerate my manager to keeping a secret what she done in our shop?

My work is a sales associtate.

Last night , i served the customer and she bought a one piece of Jacket . When she asked got a new one , i said no , because is just a two pieces only and thesame size. She told me its a different style. So i said sorry .... its means only one now .

At that time i am a cashier too . So she said its okey i buy it. The jacket got a bar code including and plus a tag price. So first is i do the bar code to be scan but it cannot scan because the code was cover by the black pen. So i do the tag price and its okey the clothes on discount, and this the customer know about the price. I decided to copy the bar code , the original code before i press in computer the price tag which is my manager change and hand written . So the transcation was finished and paid by the customer. After this , i just checking the original bar code that i've been copying while i am doing a transaction to the customer . I was so shock that the clothes i was sold out have no discount and this is worth of 799Mop in U.S is 100. But customer left already .



I just talk to my manager about this why she change the bar code and why she cover by the pen the original bar code and which is the clothes are different and have no signal by the company.

And the clothes had no anything faulty. Is just an old bar code collection.



And she said i am too worry that the company throw the clothes in a bin . But why the company throw the clothes in a bin the clothes is not damage. And this not the only one left old collection in our shop . Then after this she talked to me and saying that this is our secret.



I was so confusing. We receiving a clothes every wed and edit all in computer and doing an inverntory in two times . And this my manager job. And why she know's this this cover a black pen in a bar code , the scanner cannot read it by the computer %26gt;



Please help me ... did i need to agree to her that this is our secret and not to be inform by the company ?????
I am confusing . Did i need to tolerate my manager to keeping a secret what she done in our shop?
This is actually more of a morality question. Do you cover up for your employer or not. Most companies have an ethics line you might call and discuss this if it bothers you. That is the question you need to ask - do this bother you? Is the manager stealing fromt he customer or the company? If you keep silent and she gets caught, you are just as responsible, both legally and ethically as she is. However, the other side of this is, if you report her, there is a good chance she might not be fired and will make your life miserable.



Complicating this, in retail especially, there are times when people do things they aren't supposed to and the company knows they do it, encourages them to do it. Like, if I get something in and I don't know the price, I'll find a similar item, handwrite the barcode on it and seel it for that price. If it's a two piece set, though, it goes back to claims. You manager might be trying to keep from having too much %26quot;Shrink%26quot;. Or if I have something that is part of a set and someone wants if, and it's ok, I'll give it to the person for a discount.



You have to ask yourself, is your boss doing something immoral, like stealing or fraud, or is she making a sale for the company. Is everyone being treated fairly. If that's the case, if the customer is getting something for a fair price, the company is getting all the money it's owed and everyone is happy - let it slide. If, however, you gut tells you something is really wrong here, Maybe you should tell your bosses boss and then possibly be prepared for what might be an ugly backlash.
I am confusing . Did i need to tolerate my manager to keeping a secret what she done in our shop?
It's a waste for stores to throw out perfectly good clothing that can be donated to the needy. Write an anonymous letter to your local media...I guarantee you that would make a great human interest story, and media interest would force the store to change it's wasteful policy.