Friday 16 September 2011

What's an Affordable College with a good Film Program?

I'm taking a year off to do AmeriCorps and am all set to attend Northwestern the year after (I was deffered), but I'm getting really anxious about the price tag...even after financial aid. What is a school that is more affordable that has a good program for film production?



And not exclusively an art school, somewhere with a wide variety of other majors in case I change my mind. Kind of specific I know, but if you know of any schools like this I'd greatly appreciate the suggestion!
What's an Affordable College with a good Film Program?
Florida State University has an excellent film program and the admission is very competitive. Chapman University in California and Emerson in Boston also have strong film programs; Chapman is church affiliated and Emerson is smallish-- private. The University of North Carolina at Wilmington has a strong film program (several television shows shot around there) but the university as a whole is not strong like Northwestern. (However, it is on the beach and has great surfing! lol) Try going to US News and World Report's website and look around for their college ranking. You can search on good colleges with a strong film program and get a larger list. These are just some of the ones that I found when helping my son look for the same major. Good Luck with your search!
What's an Affordable College with a good Film Program?
Consider The University of Houston