Wednesday 21 September 2011

When buying your pet supplies at a pet store?

we were at the pet store purchasing all the equipment to set up another 55 gallon fish tank plus food for 7 dogs, 4 birds, fish food, 3 new collars and 2 sets of food bowl and leashes. so we were prepared to drop 4 or 5 hundred dollars right then, as the manager was ringing up the fish equipment all the prices were diffrent then the prices displayed on the shelves. so i asked him to wait a minute and took him back and showed him the price tags. his response to me was %26quot;well the prices in my computer are right not my fault that the ones on the shelves didnt get changed%26quot;. i was pretty ticked off then when we got back to the counter i started to tell my husband what was going on when another ustomer walked in, the manager looked at his co worker and said %26quot;look at that guy he must be 7 feet tall and look how stupid he looks with that fing haircut and earings%26quot; i had my 2 year old daughter with me plus there were about three other children standing there ranging in ages from 3 to 7.
When buying your pet supplies at a pet store?
Yes I agree with what you did.. infact I would follow it up with a letter. If they fire the manager and maybe give you a discount or something on your next purchase then going back would be an option. otherwise I would not go back. And also like the others said by law if its clearly marked that price they have to sell it at that price.

also heres a good site that has great prices if you need pet stuff...http://www.thatpetplace.com. they have tons of fish stuff too!
When buying your pet supplies at a pet store?
by law they have to give you the price marked on the shelf. I would have called also
I would absolutely contact the head office. I would also have been very vocal to the manager directly about his behaviour and I would certainly choose a different store. There is no reason for that kind of service or behaviour.
I would have definatly complained about someone insulting me or someone with me. That is not right. I can understand the price tags being changed, but they need to be polite about it, and should have gotten a manager to be sure that the prices were right and to see if they could swing a discount for you because you were mislead. Don't shop there again if you can help it. You shoud get some response from corporate, probably and apology and coupons.



Never eunderestimate the power of an angry letter. They know not everyone will write when they are mad, so they treat each letter like it represents more than 1 person. They also know how powerful word of mouth is, so they take crap like that serious. I wouldn't be surprised if the manager was fired or reprimanded in some way.
I would not go back to that pet store if there is another option (another pet store nearby). I would have contacted their coprate headquarters too. They should have given you the price on the shelf, since you don't have access to their computer system, and it was their fault that the price was wrong. Litlle did they know that they lost a customer that would be willing to spend a lot of money. To bad for them.
what an arrogant sod!! he should get fired straight away!! I dont think id go back there unless i had to. As for %26quot;not changing the shelf edge labels%26quot;, over here in england, stores have the policy of %26quot;the customer is always right%26quot; (in some cases though its obserd!!), so he shouls have given everything to you by the price it states on the shelf, and then contacted the EPOS office to change the price tags. They're all obviously doing their jobs wrong and it should'nt be happening! i hope you have another decent store you can go to!