Saturday 24 September 2011

My back hurts. What can I do?

I am sitting on a chair all day (work). A very bad chair to be more specific. I am thinking about changing the chair, but I don't know what kinda office chair should I use. I see all kinds of chairs, expensive, and cheap, some of them even look the same but the price difference is huge. But it's not all about the price. I'd really like to know what to buy, for start I don't want to think about the price tag. I'd like to know what is best for me.

How should I start searching? What should I look for? Advertisement's all about comfort, and ergonomics, but they all can say that, and have nothing really. Ads are lying.

What do you think? It's my health! I play sports, but I'm also sitting 5 x 8 (9?) hours a day in this chair...



Thanks
My back hurts. What can I do?
Ooh...common problem, these days. I would talk with a physical therapist for good advice on what changes to make in your work station and for suggestions about the chair in particular. S/he can also show you some exercises to do at your work station to help with your back pain. Your MD can refer you to a good one.



In the meantime, try to take frequent (brief) breaks (say, every hour or so) from sitting. Stand, do some gentle stretches, walk a few steps. Think about your posture as well; don't hunch over your desk.



Good luck!
My back hurts. What can I do?
It is probably not the chair, rather your posture. Make sure you sit straight up and keep your shoulders back. On the other hand, you could have a little it of arthritis and this can be relieved by taking a liquid glucosamine product that is all natural. I recommend Synflex Liquid Glucosamine. To find out more, logon to: www.arthritis-glucosamine.net. This is a great source with valuable information relative to arthritis and glucosamine.