Friday 16 September 2011

I am going to court tomorrow for a Retail Theft Ticket?

I changed the price tags for an item , the diference 80 cents!

A cop doing security for the store gave me a Retail Theft Ticket, I have never got in trouble with the law and I am devastated by this, anyway can I plea the judge to dismiss the case?, do I plead guitly, non guilty?, does the judge have the report from the cop?, can I talk to him or do they just ask you what your plea is? Please hlep me with this questions and reserve your judgment since I alredy know this was so stupid of me plus you don't know me.

This question is only for SMART PEOPLE without the need to feel better by telling someonelse a bunch of insults. Thank you!
I am going to court tomorrow for a Retail Theft Ticket?
it's hard to know unless I know what state it was in...if the store security gave you the ticket...it COULD be a retail theft ticket...they may exist...not in my state but maybe yours....usually...if it's minor like that...they won't charge at all...if they did...like in your case I couldn't see it going to court...80 cents is a waste of time.....the store PROBABLY gave you a notice to pay a fine levied by the store...technically it's not criminal and least if you decide to pay it....you would only have to go to court if the police came and they formally charged you...but I know that didn't happen...BTW the %26quot;ticket%26quot; they gave you it sounds all formal but it really isn't...but lacking further knowledge of your case I can't say for sure...I would consult an attorney if possible



ohh just noticed you said it wa s cop doing security...if he was %26quot;off the books%26quot; as an officer but maybe wearing his uniform, depending on the state, he would generally not be acting in the %26quot;color of the law%26quot; as a police officer. If he gave you a ticket with a court date it may be a municipal..(or local) ticket with a court date. But either way, the judge will have whatever the prosecution brings in...they could have(most likely) you on camera. You are entitled to know what they have against you before you go...it's called discovery...you have to ask for it though
I am going to court tomorrow for a Retail Theft Ticket?
Like Oscar and bcptm told you before you blocked them, you're a thief, a criminal. Live with it. Bad things happen (and they should) to people who steal.

Report Abuse


Tell the judge the truth and ask for mercy.
they can fine you 10 times what the item was worth, (which in your case is not much), and will be given community service. Plea guilty the judge will be more lenient with how much community service you get, do not try to rational/defend what you did, you will only make the judge angry
  • extension to sqltableprovider
  • channel
  •