Friday 16 September 2011

Is this a reasonable price for 2003 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer?

Is this a reasonable price for 2003 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer?

Used 2003 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, w/ 82,300 miles,

Engine: 4.6L 8 cyl FI

Cylinders: 8

Fuel Type: Gasoline

Transmission: Automatic

Drive Wheels: 4WD



The price tag on the Explorer is $10,999. If I offered them $9,200- $9,300(excluding the tax, and other things) in cash will they take it? I don't think it is worth 11 grand. What is a reasonable price to offer to them for this? Ford Explorer are knwn to have many problem with the transmission with this kind of mileage also the transfer case and both of those are a pain to change because I had a 1999 Ford Explorer XLT. I don't feel 11,000 is worth it for this Ford Explorer.How much should I offer them? AM I offering too much? I also looked at the website care complaints and other people have had problem with this vehicle as well. I was thinking if they tried to say %26quot;oh this is a great vehicle and what not%26quot; I am going to ask them to extend the 1 month or 1,000 miles which ever come first warranty. If the vehicle is as good as they say than it shouldn't be a problem.
Is this a reasonable price for 2003 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer?
This SUV is only worth $9725 dollars by edmunds.com, you should find the price of other Explorers of the same trim level. Then try to balance how much you should offer. But this SUV has transmission and brake problems, you can find much better SUVs elsewhere, especially for your price range. If it were me, even if i could get it for 9 grand, i still would not buy it. I hope eventually you find something.
Is this a reasonable price for 2003 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer?
ck Kellys Blue Book website